Mount Sinai Careers
Database Analyst II - Health Policy
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls the organization’s databases (e.g., physical, relational and objective oriented)
- Works closely with technical and client management to design and implement databases and database support tools in support of complex business application development requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware, tools, etc.)
- Monitors transaction activities and assists in the utilization of databases
- Responsible for the integrity and security of data in master files
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance
- Establishes and maintains databases for user tests and production purposes
- Trains user groups on procedures and standards
- May act as a project leader
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- Five years minimum experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments
- Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processe
- Requires excellent analytical ability,
consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work
effectively with clients and other IT management and staff
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.