Mount Sinai Careers
Manager of Business Development, Emergency Medicine
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Manager of Business Development and Physician Recruitment will provide support to the Director of Business Development in the areas of strategic forecasting, hiring/sourcing strategy for our Emergency Medicine department along with recruitment, retention, and campaigning all year round. The Manager will be responsible for service excellence throughout the recruitment process to ensure a smooth candidate experience as well as act as a brand ambassador for the Emergency Medicine department.
- Acts as a brand ambassador of the Emergency Medicine department as we recruit new Physicians for our academic and community sites
- Leverage technology, tools and innovative methodologies to identify, attract and hire new Physicians to join Mount Sinai Heath System
- Attend national and local EM conferences with the Director to brand and recruit top talent
- Responsible for coordinating interview and follow up process
- Develop robust sourcing strategies that feed critical talent to our Emergency medicine communities
- Serves as HR liaison with department administrators and professional staff regarding School of Medicine personnel policies and procedures. May provide training to Faculty and staff in the interpretation of personnel policies and processes
- Develops working knowledge of physician employment agreements including our non-binding term sheet process, compensation and benefits to assist in answering all inquiries candidates have
- Works collaboratively with other areas of Human Resources with issues that affect the School of Medicine
- May collaborate with the Department of Labor Relations in order to investigate complaints regarding employee misconduct and violation of policies and procedures
- Assist with PA recruitment and all functions and HRTS transactions in Sinai Central
- Assist and recruit for non-clinical roles for Emergency Medicine
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree is required with 5 years of relevant experience in recruitment and HR operations
- Healthcare experience is strongly preferred
- 5 years of full life cycle recruitment experience needed, including candidate sourcing and sourcing strategy experience
- Experience managing and prioritizing projects
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships with business leaders
- Experience utilizing innovative
and cost-effective sourcing tools
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.