Mount Sinai Careers
GRANTS MANAGER - PERSONALIZED MEDICINE INSTITUTE
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Oversees the process, and provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of budgets, Grants & Contracts Office/Institutional Review Board paperwork, application forms, no-cost extensions and subcontracts. Responsible for supervision of G & C Specialist and Financial Analyst
- Reviews grants and contracts proposals and expenditures prior to submissions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensures that grants and contracts applications are directed and submitted to appropriate committees (i.e., IRB; Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee) for review.
- Acts as liaison with department administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement
- Analyzes monthly grant activity, monitors grant spending reports and expenditures posted to assigned grant projects, and serves as liaison to Grants & Contracts Office, Sponsored Projects and other collaborating departments to ensure grants are being properly managed.
- Reviews and provides supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications. Provides necessary data to Sponsored Projects for fund activation.
- May implement, and supports special projects for the department or institute as needed.
- May create and distribute funding opportunities packets, calendars and special alerts.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA in related areas preferred
- Minimum three years of experience with Grants management is required and a knowledge of InfoEd is preferred.