Mount Sinai Careers
Purchasing Supervisor-Supply Chain
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing, the Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and coordination of Buyers in carrying out the daily purchasing of goods and services for the Mount Sinai Health System in compliance with all Policies, Procedures, and Processes. Provides direct supervision for assigned staff, including but not limited to ensuring compliance of Reqs to the MSHS Purchasing Policy, conversion of Reqs to POs, communication of POs to vendors, confirmation of POs, invoice exception resolution; Contract, Item Master and Vendor Master compliance, vendor credentialing, etc. Ensuring purchasing professionalism in consistently meeting or exceeding internal customer’s quality and service expectations and requirements.
- Provides direct daily supervision for assigned staff, including but not limited to ensuring compliance of Reqs to the MSHS Purchasing Policy, conversion of such Reqs to POs, communication of POs to vendors, confirmation of orders, invoice exception resolution; Contract, Item Master and Vendor Master compliance, vendor credentialing, etc
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff. Plans and assigns proper distribution of responsibilities to Buyers to ensure adequate staffing, workload, space and facilities for the efficient and effective purchasing transactional activities to be performed in a timely manner. Adjusts work amongst Buyers to accommodate PTO/sick/open position situations. Ensures adequate staffing and contingencies for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Ensure compliance with all MSHS Policies, Procedures and Processes. Ensure Contract, Item Master, Vendor Master, Pricing, etc. is adhered to. Complies with efforts to meet the requirements of Joint Commission, NYC Dept. of Health, other Federal, State, or City agencies, Risk and Compliance Department, Legal Affairs, etc.
- Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective workflow. Periodically analyzes internal work processes and procedures, and recommends procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency and/or customer service.
- Compiles, prepares, reviews, and/or presents reports and recommendations to improve the daily buying operations and/or customer service.
- Administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Supports the establishment of annual goals and objectives and promoting exemplifying the MSHS values and increasing the core competencies. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
- Establishes and maintains positive liaisons and working relationships with other departments/units such as Accounts Payable, Material Management, IT, Finance, Legal, Risk/Compliance, etc. to ensure required work is done efficiently and effectively.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work to reflect the institution’s and department’s values, goals and objectives.
- Exemplifies the highest standards of professional ethics, and complies with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- 5 years of directly related experience in an administrative or management capacity. Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory capacity
- CMRP, CPM preferred
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite (Intermediate)
- Other: Oracle, PMM and/or Meditech required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.