Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Job Description
1. Delivers patient care by incorporating the tenets of the professional practice model of Relationship Centered Care and through the application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, evidence-based practice, and approved organizational nursing standards.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient care needs and applies critical thinking skills in patient care management.
3. Integrates relevant assessment and intervention skills in the delivery of nursing care.
4. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
5. Prioritizes all aspects of patient care including teaching, rounding, coaching, and planning “after hospital care” and delegating to others as appropriate.
6. Educates patients and caregivers while anticipating needs and readiness to learn, about their plan of care, transition of care, promotion of health, and prevention of disease.
7. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, family and all members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
8. Manages assignments within the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing and demonstrates allocation of material resources effectively.
- Requirements for Position
Bachelor of Science, with a major in nursing preferred. Associate degree in nursing is considered only with relevant experience if approved by Chief Nursing Officer or designee
Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned; new graduates must possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application
Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.