Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE REGISTERED NURSE I-Jackson Heights
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Description
1. Delivers patient care by incorporating the tenets of the professional practice model of Relationship Centered Care and through the application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, evidence-based practice, and approved organizational nursing standards.
2. Assesses and evaluates patient care needs and applies critical thinking skills in patient care management.
3. Integrates relevant assessment and intervention skills in the delivery of nursing care.
4. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care.
5. Prioritizes all aspects of patient care including teaching, rounding, coaching, and planning “after hospital care” and delegating to others as appropriate.
6. Educates patients and caregivers while anticipating needs and readiness to learn, about their plan of care, transition of care, promotion of health, and prevention of disease.
7. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, family and all members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
8. Manages assignments within the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing and demonstrates allocation of material resources effectively.
- Requirements for Position
Bachelor of Science, with a major in nursing preferred. Associate degree in nursing is considered only with relevant experience if approved by Chief Nursing Officer or designee
Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned; new graduates must possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application
Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State