Register to Help Join The Fight!
The Mount Sinai Family is coming together to win the battle against COVID-19 and we need your help.
Multiple Specialties Needed for Paid Opportunities:
- ED Registered Nurse
- ICU Registered Nurse
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Physician Assistant
The Department of Psychiatry in Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai announces a joint postdoctoral position in Psychosis risk and Substance Use programs with research focus on using EEG biomarkers to characterize risk states and identify brain mechanisms that underlie language disturbance, emotion recognition and motivational deficits in these populations. Clinical supervision in high risk population will be provided by Dr. Cheryl Corcoran MD, Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Program Leader in Psychosis Risk. Technical supervision in EEG and in addiction neuroscience will be provided by Dr. Muhammad A. Parvaz PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. The postdoc will develop and extend current expertise in EEG data acquisition and analyze at Mount Sinai. The postdoc will have the required clinical expertise to conduct clinical trials that involve EEG. The postdoc will also conduct structured clinical interviews and behavioral assessments for research; and assist with IRB proposals, grant applications and requirements, and preparation of oral/poster presentations and manuscripts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishes the coordination of basic and moderately complex project activities and ensures the quality, timeliness, and integrity of ongoing projects and schedules. Specifically, this is the creation of two prospective cohort studies of adolescents and young adults at clinical risk for (A) psychosis, and for (B) substance use disorders, for an existing R01 and K01 awards, respectively, as well as for collateral projects.
2. Develops and maintains a detailed project schedule which includes administrative tasks. Ensures adherence to deadlines.
3. Acquires and analyzes neuroimaging (EEG and MRI) data for these and other studies.
4. Conducts clinical and diagnostic interviews for participant screening (SIPS/SOPs, SCID and/or K-SADS).
5. Prepares literature reviews and empirical manuscripts based on collected and analyzed data.
6. Develops reports and other deliverables as assigned, specifically MSSM IRB and NIH requirements (enrollment reports, progress reports, data archival)
7. Helps PIs in preparing grant applications.
8. Interacts with IRB and other regulatory entities to ensure smooth and approved conduct of research procedures.
9. Monitors project deliverables and timelines, notifies the PI when issues arise, and take corrective actions, as needed.
10. May coordinate ordering, follow up of receipt and invoicing as necessary.
11. May be responsible for conference travel planning, and departmental correspondence as it relates to the project.
12. May be responsible for communication with outside contractors and/or vendors and consultants as required by the project.
13. Supervises and train students and research coordinators in research methods.
14. Performs other related duties.