Mount Sinai Careers
X-Ray Tech; Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs radiographic examinations on patients referred by physicians in accordance with radiology protocols
- Performs routine radiographic procedures on patients following departmental protocols; including assignments to interventional procedures, operating room, cystoscopy and portables as needed
- Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform radiological procedures
- Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability
- Employs radiation protection measures and follows departmental protocols to keep exposure of patients and hospital personnel to a minimum
- EDUCATION REQUIRED High school graduate or equivalent education. graduation from an accredited program in Radiologic technology.
- EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED New York State license in Diagnostic Radiology, ARRT certification