Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for coordinating and managing clinical research protocols, which includes industry-sponsored clinical trials. Instructs staff regarding appropriate protocols; provides support for ongoing research projects and assists in staff oversight in day to day activity and instructions for each study. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Manages and coordinates assigned clinical trial research studies conducted by investigators in the dept. to ensure conformance with specified research objectives and protocols
- Assists the Director with coordination and implementation of clinical trials schedules, task assignments, and allocation of staff
- Oversees subjects enrolled in clinical trials, completion of data, and the completion and tracking of regulatory documents for clinical trials
- Ensures clinical research studies are conducted according to regulatory requirements, good clinical practices, and specified research protocols
- Provides status reports, adverse side effects and trends, evaluates patient enrollment and provides appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions to Director
- Monitors and reconciles budgets for clinical trials; ensures payments from the sponsoring agency are received in a timely manner
- Assists the Director with the development of operating policies and procedures for clinical trials; conducts meetings with staff to ensure compliance with established practices and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards
- Organizes grant submissions and implements standard operating procedures for clinical monitoring
- May assist in various personnel functions such as performance appraisals and training new research team members
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Public Health or related scientific/health field; Masters preferred
- 4 years of experience managing clinical research and trials
- 1 year in a management/leadership role
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical research concepts, good clinical practices and regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to provide scientific and clinical expertise in all phases of clinical trials
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.