Mount Sinai Careers
RESEARCH MANAGER - GENETICS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Research Manager oversees research projects within a department or division. This individual assists the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating lab/bench research projects, budgets and may have involvement in staffing and all related HR activity. Specific duties are listed as follows:
- Collaborates with members of the research team in project development and the planning and delivery of optimal lab operations.
- Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making.
- Arranges for the availability of human and material resources to facilitate positive outcomes for assigned research projects.
- Participates in the development and implementation of ongoing quality improvement activities as per policies and protocols.
- Identifies, responds to, and, if necessary, escalates potential and actual risk management issues.
- May be responsible for human resources, includes of recruitment, hiring, evaluating, retention, discipline and termination.
- Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in sciences or related degree
- 5 years’ experience in a hospital/medical environment including 1 year supervisory experience
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.