Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - Applications Development & Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Development & Support - Req #2357182
Day to day responsibilities include:
1. Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements information systems and technologies for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
2. Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers. 3. Directs the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility, including the allocation of resources and staff. Remains current with technological advances and be able to apply them where applicable.
4. Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of organization-wide information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
5. Directs the development of the departmental operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
6. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
8. Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing. 9. Coordinates, develops, and executes program for continual measurement of the organization’s information systems, and communication networks’ performance and effectiveness.
10. Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and systems. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing systems through ongoing review.
11. Establishes goals for the area(s) of responsibility, aligned with departmental and organizational goals.
12. Performs other related duties
- 12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Attention to details
- Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.