Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Assistant I, Cardiology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Serves as an intermediary between supervisor and other departmental staff by transmitting written and oral requests, messages and instructions.
- Assists with budget preparation and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of expenses for variance reporting.
- Assists in the planning and logistical coordination of meetings and office activities, forums and conferences.
- May prepare minutes of meetings, agendas, correspondence, statistical reports, tables and other documents and transcribes dictation as needed.
- Prepares and follows up on purchase orders, change orders, check requests and petty cash vouchers. Processes and follows up on tuition and other forms of reimbursement for assigned staff
- Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
- Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- Screens telephone calls, answers routine inquiries or refers caller to the appropriate individual for response.
- Education: Associates Degree in Secretarial Science or related field, or HS/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 3 years administrative or medical office experience required