Mount Sinai Careers
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated full-time post-doc with experience in molecular biology and bioinformatics to be involved in different projects aimed at characterizing the immune microenvironment of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients treated with immunotherapies and identifying mechanisms of response and resistance to such therapies. All projects have a strong component of molecular oncogenomics. Duties of the position include:
- Design experiments and perform independently molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA/Protein extraction, western blot, PCR, and Real time PCR.
- Pre-processing of high-density sequencing data (quality control, filtering, etc…), both from whole-exome and RNA-seq experiments.
- Sequence annotation, alignment and assembly.
- Variant calling and validation.
- Differential gene expression, clustering, class discovery and prediction.
- Reporting and manuscript preparation.