Mount Sinai Careers
Manager, Customer Experience- Mount Sinai Health Partners
This role is with one of the largest health systems in the U.S., with a Top 20 ranked academic medical center. We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. This role is in a nimble, fast growing business unit and is looking for team members who:
● Are comfortable playing “up” and “down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
● Work productively amidst ambiguity
● Thrive in fast-paced work environment
● Seek to improve the status quo
● Are passionate about developing a true system of care
Within the health system, we have created a team to assemble our clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels. Our team has the resources of a world class hospital system, and the ethos of an action oriented start-up. We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, we build primary and urgent care practices at or near the employer’s worksite with a value-based financial model that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, we accept a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, we partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
We are looking for a Manager, Customer Experience to join us in leading the way in providing the best customer experience in healthcare -- an industry which has historically set a low bar. We want to change that. To earn the consumer’s trust and empowering them in their own health, we are building a support system made to serve them. We are launching our Customer Experience team with the goal of organizing a currently chaotic health care environment for the patient and consumer.
The Manager, Customer Experience will be central in helping us develop, execute and manage our offerings. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the teams delivering exceptional experience, managing day-to-day operations, inspire an exceptional customer-focused vision and experience. We are looking for someone who can both manage and lead, but also roll up your sleeves with “do whatever it takes” service ethos.
Within the first 30 days, you will work with executive leadership and our clients to understand how to best deliver the ultimate customer experience. You will directly handle customer requests, evaluate the processes we set in place, and ensure that our operations are ready to scale to the rest of your team.
Within the first 90 days, you will have hired your team, developed training and management processes, and serving as the voice of the customer in leadership meetings
Within the first year, you will be effectively managing a team of 10+ people, and preparing to help our organization scale nationally.
The ideal candidate loves creating delightful experiences with consumers, and managing them for optimal efficiency. You should be exceptional at people management, and building your teams. You should be unafraid to dive in and take calls when needed, and to help set the best standards and training available. We’re looking for someone who is as eager as we are to set the highest bar possible for our consumers.
Team Leadership & Management
● Build and lead an exceptional customer experience team, including hiring, training and ongoing management. While you will manage a small team to start, we expect this role to be leading a large team (potentially 100+ people) within 2 years.
● Set aspirational vision for team, and be willing to go above and beyond to help your team and customers.
● Be a strong player-coach -- someone who will jump in to do the work, design it for others and coach others to perform at their best
● Represent your team as a leader, both internally and externally
Deliver on Exceptional Customer Experience
● Accountable for customer satisfaction. In addition to ensuring market-leading Net Promoter Score and Service Levels, we want you to be constantly thinking about, designing and delivering service that is above and beyond.
● Accountable for client satisfaction. Our clients are the employers, payers, labor unions and other companies who we partner with. You will be responsible for ensuring that our service to their employees and customers are in line with their needs.
● Manage VIP experiences for cases that require the additional support
● Ensure workflow and operational efficiency among the team
● Deliver on budget expectations, while ensuring employee satisfaction
● Manage vendor, IT, and partnership relationships
We want someone who is passionate about the customer experience, and has a drive to bring the top level experience to healthcare.
● Bachelor’s Degree required;
● Strong customer experience background at innovative companies and brands
● Proven people-management strength
● Strong communication, presentation, and reporting skills
● Self-motivated team player
● Experience managing RNs
● Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or other clinical degree
● Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience
● Experience leading and building an operationally efficient team servicing consumers via call and/or text
● Experience building and running call center operations focused on a high customer experience
● Experience in a fast paced, corporate environment