Mount Sinai Careers
Project Manager I, Urology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager in the Department of Urology at the Mount Sinai Health System (“PM”) is an extremely well-organized, detail-oriented management professional that thrives on clearly defined and articulated project goals and objectives, and works tirelessly to develop and manage comprehensive project plans to facilitate the timely completion of many strategic, operational and human resource initiatives.
The PM reports directly to the Vice Chair of Administration and works closely with that senior leader to define the scope of each project, prioritize projects, allocate requisite resources, and estimate completion dates. The PM also interacts directly with process/task owners and key project stakeholders to identify project opportunities and barriers, resolve issues and conflicts, and report project status. The PM possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence, and is a savvy verbal and written communicator. The PM may also be assigned as a project owner and/or project resource and, as such, may be responsible for the execution of projects and/or project tasks.
- Plans, manages and coordinates activities of many strategic, operational and human resource projects to ensure that project goals and objectives are met within the prescribed time frame and budget. May alters plans and makes recommendations for future phases or future projects, based on lessons learned
- Establishes project budgets, monitors expenditures and investments, and reports variance to both cost and duration
- Helps ensure project staffing and resource allocations, and helps arrange for recruitment and on-boarding of project personnel. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel. May contribute to the performance evaluation of project personnel
- Develops and publishes a variety of project-specific and general management reports
- May draft RFP’s and/or review vendor proposals and/or plans; may source and interview vendors
- May provides technical advice/assistance, especially pertaining to project management tools and report writers
- May oversees other project management or administrative project staff
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience in healthcare operations
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and management/leadership skills
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Outstanding customer service skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.