This role is with one of the largest health systems in the U.S., with a Top 20 ranked academic medical center. We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. This role is in a nimble, fast growing business unit and is looking for team members who:
● Are excited to help deliver healthcare in a customer-centric way, and seek to improve the status quo
● Understand that achieving the best patient experience is delivering on both clinical outcomes and delightful experiences
● Are comfortable navigating through ambiguity -- in your role and on behalf of patients.
● Thrive in fast-paced work environment
Within the health system, we have created a team to assemble our clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels. Our team has the resources of a world class hospital system, and the ethos of an action oriented start-up. We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, we build primary and urgent care practices at or near the employer’s worksite with a value-based financial model that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, we accept a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, we partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
We are looking for a Care Navigator to join us in leading the way in providing the best customer experience in healthcare. In this role, you will be the key advocate for our patients -- helping patients understand options, navigate through the complex healthcare system, and ensuring that patients have the best experience possible. The role will involve talking to patients on the phone, monitoring cases over time, and finding ways to remove roadblocks that patients may encounter.
In addition to supporting the patient, in this role you will also serve as the patient voice and help our team design the best experience across technology, workflow, messaging, and more. You will synthesize learnings from patients and help us to continuously improve our patient experience.
Deliver on Exceptional Patient + Customer Experience
● Engage with our patients (typically by phone) to understand their experience and needs in care. You should become your patients first line of support.
● Create seamless experiences for our patients to getting the best care, which may involve helping patients understand their care situation, navigate the system, remove roadblocks, and more.
● Manage across multiple priorities, multiple patients and in a changing environment.
Synthesizing and sharing learnings
● Reflect upon interactions with our patients, and communicating key priorities and needs to managers and teammates working on designing the experience.
● Continually challenge the status quo and imagine ways to improve patient experience.
● Ensure strong time management and efficiency, and delivering consistent yet personalized patient experiences.
● Attention to detail, and creating experiences that are scalable and repeatable.
We want someone who is passionate about the patient and customer experience, and has a drive to bring the top level experience to healthcare.
● Bachelor’s Degree required; RN highly preferred.
● 5+ years working in a healthcare environment, preferably in a clinical capacity
● Exceptional communication skills, and ability to develop trust with patients
● Experience working with patients and customers virtually
● Self-motivated team player
● Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience
● Experience in a fast paced, changing environment