Mount Sinai Careers
IT Manager - Finance Testing
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Supply Chain Finance - Req #2362126
IT Manager - Finance Testing
The IT Manager – Quality Assurance (QA) is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of an information technology area of responsibility and serves as a lead test manager for Oracle cloud Finance implementation. Responsible for Unit testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT) for all Oracle Finance modules. Coordinate activities of Test Team. Develop test scenarios and scripts and document defects.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. Leads an integrated test team to perform the following activities in support of the testing function:
a. Writes detailed test plans
b. Participates in working groups to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
c. Develops test scenarios and test scripts
d. Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
e. Ensures that functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
2. Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied
3. Reviews and evaluates complex test specifications, test results, test trends and implements corrective action as needed
4. Reviews and approves prepared detailed technical reports of findings and makes recommendations for needed modifications to correct problems
5. Oversees actual tests and analyzes validity of results
6. Coordinates the resolution of problems inhibiting test progress
7. Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
8. Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
9. Maintains areas of responsibility’s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
10. Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
11. Performs other related duties
*-indicates duty is “essential” as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and 7-9 years of related experience
- 7+years of Oracle ERP experience preferably Finance
- Strong experience across the Oracle Finance modules including GL, Fixed Assets, Account Payables, Grants, Projects etc.
Minimum Related Experience
- 7+years of Oracle Finance experience
- Minimum Computer Skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Supervises two or more employees? (yes)
- Responsible for EE Evaluations and Performance Programs? Yes
- Involved with EE Disciplinary or Labor Relations Activities? Yes
- This position generally reports to: Director IT