Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist II - Strategic Projects
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Strategic Projects - Req #2362452
Technology Specialist I
The Information Technology Specialist II consults with business partners to define requirements and develop solution alternatives and estimates, translating client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for IT solutions and integrating architecture.
Project Scope: Complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity with project budgets up to $25M involving multiple sites or up to 10 interdependent work tracks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
2. Participates and/or leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation.
3. Coordinates the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost, service and benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
4. Plans, coordinates and conducts the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
5. Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the analysis of complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
6. Participates in the leadership of cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
7. Develops the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes, functional requirements and resource costs, including evaluation of existing applications and alternative uses of technology.
8. Advises clients on the consequences of actions; communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan with client, and provides ongoing communication.
9. Consults on the identification and definition of solution alternatives within the framework provided by Enterprise Architecture.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Ten years of related experience, In -depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms, tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers.
- Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues.