Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Prospect Research Analyst-2362754
Mount Sinai Health System seeks a Prospect Research Analyst who excels at the full range of prospect research activities, from identifying and qualifying potential individual prospects to building portfolios for our frontline colleagues. We are especially interested in a new team member who enjoys information management and data visualization, is technologically savvy and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has an inquisitive mind, strong analytical and communication skills, and is a willing and positive team player.
The Prospect Research Analyst is part of a six-person team responsible for prospect research and identification and pipeline management. The Prospect Research Analyst will conduct verification-level prospect research and assist with portfolio coding and management. This position reports to the Associate Director of Prospect Research in the Office of Development.
Mount Sinai’s Office of Development works to raise funds and engage donors in support of the Health System’s mission and strategic priorities. We are currently in the planning and quiet phase of our first System-wide capital campaign.
Mount Sinai is the largest health care provider serving New York City and its surrounding areas. Spanning seven hospital campuses and a world-renowned medical school, our mission is to heal, teach, and advance medicine.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Verify high-level capacity ratings on wealth-screened lists using research resources such as WealthEngine and LexisNexis. Provide notes and analysis of key findings
- Work with assigned gift officers in portfolio management and prospect research for the gift officer area
- Complete research profiles on potential and current donors to MSHS
- Assist with event-focused research and follow-up
- Partner with the Prospect Management team and other fundraising colleagues on portfolio updates and coding
- Partner with the Development Data team on research-related reports and metrics
- Other projects and activities as assigned by the prospect research team. Collaborate on prospect identification projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years' experience in development research or a related field such as library sciences, academic research, financial analysis, law/paralegal, or similar professional role with an emphasis on data/information a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Experience with development research tools and resources a plus. Raiser's Edge (including Raiser’s Edge NXT) experience is a plus. Knowledge of Tableau or any comparable data visualization tool is also a plus
- Must understand information management in a database structure, particularly the ability to store, retrieve, analyze, and maintain data
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organization, communication and time management skills. Strong writing skills are a plus
- Must be committed to protecting the confidentiality of our constituency, and to collecting information ethically
- Able to work collegially in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with insights into how best to support fundraising officers
- Organized and responsive team player with a good sense of humor.
- Interest in data science and information management is a plus, with opportunity to grow
- A cover letter is required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.