Mount Sinai Careers
CREATIVE ARTS THERAPY COORDINATOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Creative Arts Therapy Coordinator provides creative art therapy interventions to improve the quality of life for patients and their family members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Provide comprehensive creative art therapy services for pediatric patients and family members that meet emotional, physical, cognitive, social/cultural and communicative needs.
2. 2. Provide creative art therapy services for patients and families at the end of life and at hospital based memorial services in collaboration with the psychosocial team.
3. 3. Document creative art therapy interventions in patient charts in a timely and thorough manner, including initial assessments and progress notes.
4. 4. Communicate effectively with child life staff and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team on clinical care planning and issues revealed through creative art therapy sessions.
5. 5. Present educational in-services about creative art therapy within the medical center.
6. 6. Develop and maintain graduate creative art therapy internship program through collaboration with local universities and child life leadership.
7. 7. Supervise volunteers and interns providing music based interventions. Actively participate in clinical group supervision.
8. 8. Maintain accurate creative art therapy session statistics in quality assurance efforts.
9. 9. Adhere to infection control and other safety standards in the maintenance and ordering of creative art therapy and in clinical practice.
10. 10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master's degree in related field.
Creative Arts Therapy License within 12 months of employment.
1-3 years of related experience.
Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
1. Creative Arts Therapy