Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Transfer Center Agent
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Patient Transfer Center Agent coordinates and
facilitates the provision of hospital services of affiliated practices and
institutions and serves as a liaison between the referring physician, patient,
and Mount Sinai Health System departments. The Patient Transfer Center Agent
works at Mount Sinai’s state-of-the art center located at our corporate office
near Grand Central. The Agent works with a dynamic group of paramedics/nurses
to help patients gain access to healthcare across the entire health system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the point of contact for referrals and obtains necessary information to initiate the patient’s transfer or consults into or between member hospitals of the Mount Sinai Health System.
2. Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills while on the phone with patients, physicians, and other stakeholders.
3. Promptly answers and screens inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures.
4. Responsible for the complete and accurate registration of all patients in an expeditious and positive manner.
5. Performs insurance verification and obtains authorization as needed.
6. Helps facilitate communication regarding consults and telehealth requests.
7. Collaborates with Admitting and Throughput (Bed Management) to determine availability of appropriate bed.
8. Monitors patient progress and communicates information between patient, referrer, family, insurance company and treatment team.
9. Communicates with the referral and accepting hospital of approval and time to transfer and admit patients.
10. Coordinates transportation requests with MSHS ambulance services as well as private ambulance vendors.
11. Advocates for patients, families, and referring physicians to promote overall satisfaction with accessing and utilizing Mount Sinai Health System.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards.
13. Assists with any new or current transfer initiatives (eg. Community Paramedicine, Sinai Now, eHealth).
14. Rotating work schedule, including weekends and holidays
15. Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into referral tracking system.
16. Follows all policies, protocols and procedures to ensure transfer requests are handled appropriately.
17. Performs other duties assigned by Manager or Director.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience
3 years of related experience
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.