Mount Sinai Careers
Surgical Care Assistant - Full Time - Evenings
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Emergency Department Inventory and Equipment Handler
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains equipment in the Emergency Department; works with supervisor, ED staff and outside departments (e.g., Biomedical Engineering and Engineering) to ensure equipment remains in good working order
- Checks and has broken equipment repaired/replaced.
- Performs minor repairs on equipment in the department
- Monitors supplies to ensure appropriate inventory levels (at the direction of the supervisor), including:
- Identification of supply needs; communication of supply needs to supervisor.
- Ensuring proper stocking, storage and distribution of supplies to end users (across all Emergency Department supply areas)
- Supply room maintenance and clean up (all Emergency Department supply areas)
- Conducting regular physical inventory of supplies/equipment, checking for expired supplies/equipment, removal of expired product from the unit and rotation of stock (oldest to newest) to eliminate waste
- *Please note the following…*
- This position has a required mandation policy. As such, there may be times where you will be mandated to work additional hours outside of your normally scheduled hours based on the needs of the department.
- During your training period, you may be asked to come in for hours outside of your normally scheduled shift based on the availability of training staff.
- EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High School graduate
- EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- previous materials and equipment management experience preferred. Must be able to lift and handle heavy packages.
- LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED JOB HAZARDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy packages and handle gas cylinder tanks. Must be able to use equipment such as carts and hand trucks.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.