Mount Sinai Careers
IT Project Manager I - Infrastructure
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Infrastructure - Req #2365698
IT Project Manager I
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager I is responsible for managing, directing and planning one, but occasionally more than one, complex project consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, and maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and directs one more project teams to meet complex project objectives.
2. Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
3. Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
4. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
5. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry.
6. Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
7. Modifies schedules as required.
8. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
9. May direct one or more teams of specialists, analysts and programmers.
10. May contribute to the disaster recovery plan and implements it when necessary.
11. May prepare staff performance evaluations.
12. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
- Six years of related experience as a project team member of which at least four years have been in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Requires strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.