Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The grant-funded Prevention Programs at the Mount Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) are seeking an Entitlements Coordinator to join our dynamic team and help provide access to care for uninsured and underinsured people. The Entitlements Coordinator will work chiefly within the Jack Martin Clinic and the YASS! Young Adult Sexual Services program, providing in-reach and out-reach, education on HIV and antiretrovirals, biomedical prevention options, linkages to care and facilitating insurance enrollments, patient assistance programs and other referrals to help clients access medical care, prescription medications and relevant social services.
The Entitlements Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Prevention Program Manager, collaborating with the YASS!, PEP Hotline, SUMMIT and clinical staff to offer comprehensive screening, counseling and assistance to clients seeking services at IAM and in the community, plus thorough documentation and reporting, quality assurance and continuous quality improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides comprehensive individualized entitlement screening, counseling and assistance with procurement of services and benefits to clients, while educating and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of programs to clients. Assists clients with document procurement and preparation of applicant for resources and entitlements. May assist clients with completion of application forms and collection of required support documentation, based on need and mutual agreement with clients.
2. Researches and maintains knowledgeable of all current regulatory requirements for all major entitlement programs, ideally as a Certified Application Counselor (CAC).
3. Documents and reports activities, status, progress and outcome of clients and services rendered for adequacy of entitlements received. Determines need for additional services or additional advocacy.
4. Documents and follows up regarding future visits scheduled with MSH staff or outside agencies, and referral goals.
5. May provide relevant training and direct supervision to volunteers or staff.
6. Provides clients with self advocacy training.
7. Collaborates with registration, clinical and social work staff on client entitlement issues.
8. Works with IAM Program staff to ensure program documents are completed, tracked and reported accordingly, and that patients receive appropriate services and follow up. Collaborates on QA and CQI to ensure program efficiency and efficacy.
9. May provides HIV and STI testing and counseling, linkage navigation and follow-up to program participants and clinic patients in the community.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
- Requirements for Position
Bachelor's degree in health education/promotion, public health, or community health.
Minimum two years in entitlements counseling or related work.
Certified Application Counselors encouraged to apply.
*Experience and cultural intelligence with LGBTQ+ youth and communities
Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of consumers, clinic staff and collaborating partners
Independent worker with excellent organizational skills and the ability to responsibly follow-through on multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Computer and medical documentation skills required; EPIC, AIRS, eSHARE and Excel
Knowledge of HIV/AIDS etiology, transmission, prevention and associated issues a major plus