Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Institute for Next Generation Healthcare at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is looking for a staff scientist to develop and apply computational methods that expand our understanding of immune-mediated diseases and enable new approaches to identify biomarkers and therapeutic options.
The scientist will work with clinicians and scientists within the Mount Sinai Health System, as well as other academic institutions across the United States and abroad to integrate large-scale data sets into predictive models for disease states and patient outcomes. The technical approaches used will emphasize data mining, machine learning, and data science.
He or she will be working directly with Dr. Christine Becker and under the institute leadership of Dr. Joel Dudley. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and implement data analysis strategies
- Develop new methodologies for integrative analysis of functional and genomic data
- Interpret results in the context of the disease
- Identify novel biomarkers to diagnosis and stratify patients.
- Prepare research results for publication
- The ideal applicant should have a PhD in computational biology, biostatistics, statistical genetics, computer science, bioinformatics, biology with a strong quantitative background or equivalent.
- Applicants should have a strong publication track record and experience with some types of large scale data analysis e.g. RNA-Seq, scRNA-Seq, microbiome, DNA sequencing, CyTOF, biological networks.
- He/she should have strong programming experience and must possess a high level of initiative and interest in exploring and using new technologies and software.
- The candidate is expected to be highly motivated, and highly collaborative with the ability to work together with multi-disciplinary teams of biologists, laboratory scientists, computational biologists, and physicians.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.