Mount Sinai Careers
DATA QUALITY & COMPLIANCE ANALYST - SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Identifies data elements for retrieval from the Mount Sinai Data Warehouse. Reviews resulting data sets for quality and compliance with IRB-approved project elements, standard operating procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Reviews, analyzes, and validates data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on specific guidelines. Ensures data accuracy through review of to-be-delivered data sets for completeness and consistency.
- Determines data quality criteria and standards for the Data Warehouse, identifies gaps in the standards, and creates mitigation plans to improve data quality through interaction with the Data Warehouse technical teams.
- Works with the IRB, the HIPAA office and IT security to review, develop and refine standard operating procedures and processes to ensure compliance with all relevant policies. Assists in standardizing data management procedures such as documentation for departmental operating procedures. Tracks and maintains a list of data quality incidents and conducts root cause analyses reviews to improve MSDW processes and procedures.
- Maintains documentation and data quality management guidelines.
- Writes and prepares manuscripts reports and other materials for internal and external audiences.
- Recognizes recurring issues and analyze causes in order to reach a solution. Generate plans and provide tools/techniques for improvement and to measure success.
- Provides guidance appropriate training to staff. Coordinate activities required to meet quality standards.
- Assist with data governance policy development and implementation.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations and technologies related to data management, security, HIPAA, IRB and other regulatory bodies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 3 years of data management/quality assurance/experience in a healthcare environment. Experience with medical records, HIPAA regulations and research environments required.
- SQL experience is a strong plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office in Word and Excel and basic skills in Access.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, organizational and planning skills.