Mount Sinai Careers
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST I - SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Application Support Analyst has a passion for customer satisfaction and attention to detail. This position is responsible for providing exemplary service to clients while handling technical enquiries for the Scientific Computing Team’s Software Products and Services, such as our Electronic Research Application Portal (eRAP), REDCap, Data Warehouse, Cohort Query Tool (CQT), i2b2, and other Research Products. Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
- Provides first and second line Service Desk and Application Support, resolving technical queries and communicating solutions directly to stakeholders.
- Teams with other functional areas to manage the resolution of cases that involve multiple areas of both clinical and technical expertise.
- Acts as a liaison between faculty, staff, researchers, clinicians, and the Scientific Computing team’s technical resources.
- Monitor and respond to open tickets submitted through an incident management system.
- Executes routine quality control testing of all site services pertaining to application support and business continuity.
- Provides direction, documentation and training to assist in resolving application issues.
- Interfaces regularly with internal and external customers via on-site meetings, email, or conference calls to collect necessary information and ensure requests are completed.
- Maintains an understanding of all supported applications from an administrative and user perspective, directly assisting with user account maintenance, ticket maintenance, access triage
- Track and maintain status of all tickets, providing regular updates/follow-up, and collecting survey feedback.
- Participate in gathering user requirements and collaborate in the creation of a Statement of Work (SOW) to resolve the request.
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and identification of opportunities for process improvement.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support (using Confluence).
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two+ years of external customer facing experience in a healthcare and/or software support environment.
- Experience within the Healthcare data domain is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with escalated customer issues.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
- Comfortable communicating application concepts to others having diverse levels of seniority and technical competence
- Ability to multi task, prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Self-motivated, directed, and passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Experience of ITIL compliant incident, problem and change service management is a plus.
- Basic SQL knowledge and/or knowledge of Databases/Data Warehousing is a plus.
- Knowledge of JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence software is a plus.
- Experience with REDCap software is a plus.