Mount Sinai Careers
Associate IT Director - Desktop Engineering
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
End User Services - Req #2367908
Associate IT Director
The Associate IT Director consults with business partners to define requirements and develop solution alternatives and estimates, translating client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for IT solutions and integrating architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, coordinate, and manage IT projects for Client Engineering department.
- Prepare project plans and monitor progress of IT projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for automating, developing and maintaining Windows desktop image for desktops, laptops and thin client images
- Conduct Root Cause Analyses and remediation efforts for major incidents in Client Engineering area.
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff of FTEs and Consultants
- Serve as liaison between business and technical teams. Deliver on projects, milestones, provides regular updates to management and business aligned teams.
- Experience with industry standard deployment tool preferably SCCM 2012
- Experience with application packaging process and procedure in a multi-domain environment.
- Responsible for third level escalation and technical support.
- Responsible for client end point of hardware and software engineering.
- Create scripts in vbscript, powershell, visual basic, batch files.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems Internals, Architecture, registry and troubleshooting tools.
- Technical writing – must be able to document all process and communicate with stakeholders.
- Using Service Now ticketing systems ability to document incidents, problems and change requests.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Strong skills in Virtual environment (VDI, Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Strong skills in SCCM and Adminstudio
- Experience in infrastructure like DNS, WINS, VPN, etc
- Experience with programming languages HMTL, .Net, C++
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Preferable experience with healthcare industry
Education: Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science or related field.
Experience: 10 years in the information technology field or its equivalent. Excellent written and oral communications.