Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - MSSM IT
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MSSM IT - Req #2368034
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the development and support of the Mount Sinai applications
2. Primary liaison with the development team and support team.
3. Provides guidance to architectural design issues such as data models, application architecture, testing methodologies using industry best practices.
4. Primary contact for Operational needs for the Mount Sinai school development group.
5. Supports physical data modeling and design by ensuring that database definitions conform to naming conventions and validation rules.
6. Verifies program requirements specifications with customers.
7. Analyzes application and data integrity issues arising from production support.
8. Promotes data content integrity guidelines for the data repository.
9. Reports on data integrity and accessibility issues impacting end users.10. Proposes and implements unique and efficient solutions that improve functionality and performance.
12. Manages the effective documentation for all systems
13. Works with end users to establish efficient processes and excrement customer care
14. Works closely with the project management team and customers to determine their business needs.
15. Aids in all phases of system development to ensure design specification meet data/information reporting tool architectures.
16. Works on multiple functional tasks
17. Maintains balance between innovation and pragmatism.
18. Understands business requirements, recognizes and resolves conflicts between conceptual, logical and process models.
19. Keeps customers informed about issues and resolution.
20. Provides Project Management metrics.
- 12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills, Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Attention to details
- Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.