Mount Sinai Careers
IT Program Manager I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT DSRIP - Req #2368336
IT Program Manager I
The IT Program Manager I is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing multiple complex projects consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Required to achieve the objectives of concurrent projects, with enterprise-wide impact. Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve the objectives of one or more projects any of which could span multiple areas and business functions. Guides IT Project Managers to achieve the desired goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in tandem with top management to achieve corporate objectives by directing and leading one or more project teams.
2. Reviews and evaluates project plans and objectives
3. Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
4. Communicates progress to top management and modifies schedules as required
5. Negotiates with clients, staff and outside vendors as required.
6. Establishes quality and performance targets.
7. Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
8. Keeps informed of advances in the IT field.
9. Leads, directs and mentors IT Project Managers.
10. May recommend changes to the infrastructure consistent with achieving broad objectives.
11. Contribute to the disaster recovery plan and implements it when necessary.
12. May prepare staff performance evaluations.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
- Ten years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least four years in a leadership position supervising technical staff or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience supervising technical staff preferred.
- Requires ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.