Mount Sinai Careers
Medical School Admissions Coordinator, Department of Medical Education
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Medical School Admissions Coordinator will
function as an integral part of the Admissions and Recruitment team in Medical
Education, working closely with the Assistant Directors of Admissions and
focusing on the special pathways to Medical School Admissions, specifically the
FlexMed early assurance program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination of activities associated with the recruitment, screening, interviewing, and selection process
- Collaborate with the Medical School Admissions team in operationalizing strategic admissions and recruitment initiatives
- Collaborate with the Assistant Directors of Admissions and Admissions team to ensure applicants submit necessary application material and assist with the review of admissions applications required for completion of file
- Assist in the coordination of communications to and updates from FlexMed accepted students
- Update the FlexMed tracking database on a timely basis
- Track and compile pre-matriculation and retention data for reports
- Serve as main point of contact for FlexMed admitted student inquiries, providing students with information, outreach, support, and advisement
- Prepare material for bi-annual FlexMed student progress meetings
- Collaborate with admissions, enrollment services, and student affairs to advise students and ensure smooth transition to ISMMS
- Responsible for informing and advising FlexMed accepted students of options to satisfy pre-matriculation program requirements; respond to and address inquiries regarding curricular options; and support students in successful completion of program requirements
- Assist with the coordination of interview days, committee meetings, and admission decision meetings as needed
- Participate in recruitment and yield initiatives for Medical Education Admissions
- Communicate with undergraduate pre-health advisors and staff to assist in general advising for the application process and pre-matriculation stage of the FlexMed program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1- 2 years’ experience in advising, admissions, or student affairs in higher education
- Ability to provide high quality service and handle multiple priorities with confidence and poise in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as independent
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to become proficient with the use of admissions information system and student information system
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.