Mount Sinai Careers
Data Entry Specialist II/Finance Assistant - Adolescent Health - Full Time - Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Data Entry Specialist/Finance Assistant - 2370402
Roles & Responsibilities:
Assists with the managing of administrative, and support services, including the purchasing and inventory of non-capital, capital and services. Manages comprehensive filing and tracking systems for such things as supplies, HR, coverage schedules, staff schedules including vacation and sick time, etc.
Examples of duties, might include the following or similar task:
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure procurement and payment for supplies, equipment and contracts including preparing appropriate documents and developing a process tracking system for new and renewal contracts for services and consultants, assist with ordering medical, computer, office and equipment supplies, returns and distributing and storing supplies
- Track Leave of absence, Paid Time Off (PTO) and probationary reviews of staff
- Track authorized orders for Print shop and locksmith requests
· Submit and reconcile purchase orders, contracts, invoices, petty cash, stipends, check requests, travel requests/vouchers, and employee reimbursements
· Monitor incentive and Metro card requests and log sheets from staff, updating spreadsheets and tracking of incentives for all grants
· Manage all incoming checks including scanning copies, updating AHC Finance spreadsheets, and prepare for submission to MSH Development
· Organize and coordinate travel arrangements for staff including booking flights, trains, or ground transportation, and reimbursement for travel for faculty and reimbursements for all faculty and staff at MSAHC
· Research, track, monitor, and ordering of medical supplies and medication for AHC and all six School Based Health Centers
· Reconcile and update OTPS expense spreadsheets for all grants
· Enter, verify, and submit payroll for weekly staff (using LaborWorkx and ClaireVia software)
· Manage, track, and monitor PTO requests and approvals for all staff in accordance with Built for Teams software
· Perform routine office/lab duties such as; answering phones, maintaining supplies, and scan or upload documents as necessary and schedule interviews/meetings.
· Receives, collects, reviews and prepare data lists, spreadsheets, and reports and creates or modifies data bases according to the needs of the department
· Ensures accuracy of all data recorded and verifies that the information is complete
· Other relevant duties as assigned
Highly organized and detail oriented
Analytical thinking and able to problem solve, takes initiative
Able to multi-task and thrive in a busy and pressured work environment
Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet. Strong computing skills required.
A.A.S. required, degree preferred; Two years of similar experience, knowledge of purchasing a major plus, non-profit experience a plus. The applicant must be able to multitask, highly organized, flexible, possess excellent customer service skills and follow up skills and able to lift boxes up to 25 LBS. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.