Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Informaticist partners with researchers and clinicians to enable effective and efficient use of the Mount Sinai Data Warehouse (MSDW), i2b2, OMOP/OHDSI databases along with their respective cohort query tools and interfaces. This individual helps researchers and clinical staff to maximize their understanding, interpretation and use of these clinical and research tools for more informed and productive research, clinical trials, patient care and quality outcome projects. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Serve as a liaison and advocate for both the research and clinical users and the MSDW IT team. Help to hone research and clinical requests for effective use of the MSDW and its affiliated databases and tools. Leverage knowledge of medical records and research to determine paths to enhance researcher and clinician productivity.
- Represent Scientific Computing on national research projects and grants through presentation of papers, participation in phone calls, working groups and other venues. Assist with grant proposals.
- Identify best practices in the community, and help to shape and implement policies that enhance data quality, compliance and customer support.
- Identify and deploy methods to notate data quality for enhanced research reproducibility.
- Provide recommendations and observations to leadership regarding strategies to improve user satisfaction and increase efficiencies. Lead efforts to develop needs requirements for new data sources, improvements for software tools and other clinical database services.
- Problem solves data query questions and works through barriers to achieve results by collaborating effectively with researchers, clinicians, the IT team and others throughout Sinai.
- Follow through to ensure final resolution of problems, recommending longer-term solutions when appropriate and communicating back to the individual reporting the problem.
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD or MD, or Masters plus two years of clinical inpatient/outpatient healthcare data experience required with:
· 2 years minimum clinical or research experience with inpatient/outpatient healthcare data.
· Clinical data analysis and performance improvement experience desired.
· Evidence of clinical information systems use and implementation required.
· Experience working with clinicians and researchers required.
· SQL experience desired.