Mount Sinai Careers
Data Analyst II- Global Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Data Analyst II oversees activities related
to data integrity, security and enhancement of the value of data. The Data
Analyst II may direct the movement of data across multiple systems; oversee its
validation and organization and make sure that data is available to appropriate
people and systems within an organization. The Data Analyst II will also
develop and execute reports that will be important assets of the practice as
they continue to develop and evaluate a new model of care.
- Work with the clinical and administrative staff
of the practice to define data reporting needs
- Develop analytic reports that are easily
understandable by clinical and administrative staff.
- Use modeling techniques and tools in analyzing
and specifying data structure
- Implement best practices in data management to
ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and deliver
analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of
the affiliated practice
- Maintain data integrity and completes data
analysis as necessary
- Complete data capture, data extraction and
- Develop, maintain or implement procedures for
data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks
- Document, implement, maintain or recommend
operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection,
database editing procedures
- May define parameters for file or space
- Work closely with IT management and staff
- Access data in the Data Warehouse, as required
- Assist clinical and administrative staff with
queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to
- Design and write custom applications needed to
ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting
- Identify and recommend solutions to data
- Maintain knowledge of the current regulations and
technologies related to data management
- Write and prepare manuscripts and other materials
for internal and external audiences
- Perform other related duties
- Help to build and perpetuate a practice environment and culture of collaboration, respect, learning, flexibility and fun among all team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
- 3 years of analytics experience including report development and database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment
- Advanced knowledge of database applications / management, SQL and /or SAS. Knowledge of computer programming preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.