Mount Sinai Careers
Human Resources Assistant, Department of Surgery
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Position reports to the Human Resource Director and Administrative Supervisor within the Department of Surgery. The HR Assistant is responsible for working with the leadership team on a daily basis to ensure that all tasked trainings are scheduled in a timely manner.
This position works closely with the health system Talent Acquisition team for all open requisitions.
- The Human Resources Assistant directly assists the Human Resource Director and Administrative Supervisor with a wide range of projects including, but not limited to, Human Resources compliance, recruiting, onboarding, and trainings
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resource Director and Administrative Supervisor by continuously as needed
- Performs administrative duties in support of the assigned areas within the Human Resources Department including, but not limited to the Mount Sinai Health System
- Provides through telephone, email, and in-person the best possible customer and/or employee support and service by using high quality, professional, oral and written skills
- Responsible for sourcing and phone screening candidates for all open positions
- Responsible for maintaining personnel files and updating attendance records
- Assists in preparation of material for onboarding of new staff
- Responsible for requesting network ID and login
- Processes financial transactions (i.e. order supplies, reimbursement)
- Responsible for updating the Departmental Policies and Procedures biannually
- Provides coverage as needed for the HR team
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or GED; Associates degree preferred
- Some office experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a busy healthcare business environment
- Strong communication and written skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.