Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Nurse/RN- MSH- Physician Access Services- FT Evening Shift
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Clinical Nurse for Physician Access Services is a Registered Professional Nurse with broad knowledge and skills who participates in the coordination of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations. This position coordinates and facilitates patient referrals of affiliated practices and institutions into the Mount Sinai Health System. This nurse will be working at Mount Sinai’s new corporate office near Grand Central. He/She will work with a dynamic group of nurses and coordinators to help patients gain access to healthcare across the entire health system.
1. Serves as the point of contact for physician referrals and obtains necessary information to initiate the patient’s referral into Mount Sinai Health System.
2. Responsible for the complete and accurate registration of all patients in an expeditious and positive manner.
3. Coordinate and secure outpatient and inpatient referrals to appropriate medical services as needed for dedicated patient population.
4. Identifies, analyzes, organizes, and solves problems and issues in a timely, effective manner and collaborates with others to make sound, timely decisions.
5. Site visits to maintain key partnerships with existing and potential physician practices, hospital affiliates, or any other identified referral base.
6. Advocates for patients, families, and referring physicians to promote overall satisfaction with accessing and utilizing Mount Sinai Health System.
7. Monitors patient progress and communicates information between patient, referrer, family, insurance company and treatment team.
8. Assists the Patient Transfer Service with coordinating hospital transfers into the Mount Sinai Health System.
9. Promptly answers and screens inquiries with strict adherence to confidentially agreements, policies and procedures.
10. Approaches patients, families and other members of the health care team in a professional, respectful manner.
11. Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into referral tracking system.
12. Maintains clinical competence and highest standards of nursing practice.
13. Open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes and environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards.
16. Evening work-schedule that may include rotating weekends.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and Director.
- NYS RN with BSN and BCLS and at least 1-2 years acute care med/surg experience. Desire to work in a behind the scenes setting and use your clinical skills is essential.