Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of administrative and general office activities consistent with practice objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for administrative and office support staff such as secretarial/administrative assistants, medical assistants, schedulers, data management and medical records staff. Ensures successful delivery of support services within the practice, including but not limited to human resources activity, payroll, purchasing and budgetary participation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises the day-to-day activities of staff to maintain workflow of the practice.
2. Plans and schedules work of staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
3. Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
4. Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
5. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service delivery, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
6. Establishes and maintains communication internally to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
7. Ensures compliance with department and organizational policies and procedures.
8. Confirms accurate initial verification of pertinent information to ensure proper program placement based on insurance type.
9. Ensures system data integrity within business systems.
10. Maintains efficient workflow of business systems through introduction of new processes.
11. Assists in the various personnel activities including, but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary recommendations.
12. Effects continuous quality improvement in all processes.
13. Completes required continuous training and education, including practice specific requirements.
14. May assist in making recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements for the practice, and may assists in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
15. Performs other duties as required.
Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3 years of directly related experience, 1 year in a supervisory role preferred