Mount Sinai Careers
NURSE PRACTITIONER - CARDIAC CATH LAB CC- Evening - FT
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Nurse Practitioner Cardiac Cath Lab -Evenings -FT
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- RN / Registered Nurse License
- CNP / Certified Nurse Practitioner License (A Nurse Practitioner is certified under section 6910 of the New York State Education Law and licensed as a Registered Nurse.)
- Master's degree program designed to prepare a registered nurse to provide acute/primary health care services or the successful completion of an approved supplemental education program, i.e., post-Masters NP certificate.
- Is a graduate of New York State registered Nurse Practitioner Program or equivalent OR is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national association via examination.
- Has completed a pharmacy component of not less than the required semester hours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and federal Laws relating to prescriptions and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice.
- Professional certification by relevant professional organization preferred.