Mount Sinai Careers
Data Science Analyst III, Health Policy
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Science Analyst III is a senior role, collaborating with stakeholders from across the organization to develop sophisticated analytics for research projects related to hospital operations, patient management, and outcomes research. The Data Science Analyst III demonstrates sound and a more advanced understanding of the healthcare domain, technical data manipulation and analytic development skills and impact the patient community of the Mount Sinai Health System. Serves as mentor to other biostatisticians and quantitative scientists in the Institute for HealthCare Delivery Science and takes the lead role in project development, manuscript writing, and grant submission
- Analyzes data requests using Electronic Health Record (EHR), enrollment, claims, pharmacy, contract, medical management, financial, administrative and other corporate data warehouses from both modeled and disparate internal and external sources
- Works with clinical data science group personnel to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools
- Identifies necessary data, data sources and methodologies
- Collects, organizes, integrates, analyzes and interprets data
- Leverages machine learning and advanced statistical analysis methods to create actionable recommendations and conclusions that may be communicated to the stakeholder
- Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions. Works to improve data quality where possible within created analytical models. Feeds data quality issues back to IT or identified data stewards to facilitate creation of high quality metrics
- Develops and may present reports, analyses and findings to senior management and others as scheduled or requested
- Responsible for one or more of the following stakeholder groups: Contracting and Commercialization, Care Management, Medical Directors
- Master’s degree
- 5 years’ experience with data analytics development expertise, preferably in health care, or for a health provider, health plan or accountable care organization
- Working knowledge of a health care EMR such as Epic/Clarity
- Knowledge of the New York State Medicaid and CMS Medicare regulations and related reporting requirements, such as STARS,QARR, MMCOR, MEDS, RAPS and HEDIS is a strong plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.