Mount Sinai Careers
Administrator, Global Health / Arnhold Institute
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long-range policies, procedures and programs
- Establishes goals and objectives for the Department that are consistent with MSMC policies and federal, state and local regulations
- Collaborates with the Department Chairman to develop short-term and long-range plans
- Monitor financial status for departmental and grant budgets
- Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Directs and coordinates faculty recruitments, annual performance appraisals for faculty, professional staff and biweekly employees
- Provides oversight of grants administration
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks
- Encourages collaboration among divisions to effectively coordinate and implement operational activities; facilitates and encourages effective communications across functional areas
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Assures the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division
- Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with ISMMS policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in an academic medical center
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.