Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Coordinator - Morchand Center, Department of Medical Education
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Morchand Center is a unique workplace within
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, a progressive, diverse, top 20 medical
school. Our center has run educational theater simulations to help train
medical students for almost 30 years. The Morchand team is passionate,
creative, and the center continues to grow and thrive. We need the assistance
of someone who is both extremely organized, as well as a creative problem
solver, to join our team.
As the Administrative Coordinator you will be the warm, welcoming representative of the center. You will mostly interact with and support Morchand staff and SPs, as well as some medical students and faculty. You will communicate patiently, efficiently and respectfully with all of the above, as well as administrators, support staff, technicians, and other hospital personnel. You will collaborate with Morchand staff on projects large and small, simple and complex, as required to implement our programming. Your ongoing successes in these areas will facilitate the smooth operation of our center, the efficiency of our deliverables, and clear communications between us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure a deep understanding of the department and its role in support of the Icahn School of Medicine
- Organize daily administrative duties and program logistics to support the day-to-day operation of the center
- Coordinate and facilitate efforts that support programming and assessments, including space allocation, catering and supply orders, SP onboarding, scheduling and training
- Maintain program materials and assist with revisions as needed
- Participate in program coordination
- Assure integrity of SP contact database
- Deploy financial processing and tracking as needed
- Develop relationships with other divisions within the institution
- Cross-train and support other team members
- Implement work orders
- Oversee archival management of records
- Communicate clear, accurate information
- Deliver essential services, including, answering phones, screening callers, retrieving messages
- Execute other duties as assigned
- At least two years of full-time related experience in a busy administrative or educational workplace, or other related field with aggressive deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel
- Prior experience with a database
- Excellent focus on detail
- Excellent organization and time management supports the ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate
- Able to receive and integrate feedback, and try new approaches
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.