Mount Sinai Careers
Special Events Manager, Department of Medical Education
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Special Events Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of events that engage faculty, students, and community constituencies. Acting as lead strategist on all events in the Department of Medical Education, the Coordinator will be the liaison to the Health System Special Events Departments working on all institution-wide events. The Manager will collaborate with Deans’ staff and leaders in the Department of Medical Education to conceptualize special events and will oversee all aspects of implementation to ensure quality and alignment with Medical School goals and policies
- Oversee the coordination of all special event logistics including site identification, contract negotiation for services, decorations, and technical support
- Provides guidance in determining event goals and personnel required for success
- Develop and maintain relationships with catering companies; florists; and other vendors according to event needs, preferences, and budgets
- Acts as an ambassador of the Department of Medical Education at departmental and Institution-wide events
- Work with faculty and Med Ed Leadership to determine strategic priorities and resources for special initiatives and high profile programs and events
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to create and manage event marketing communication plans, including print, web, social media, and mail mediums
- Monitor progress on critical deadlines, and evaluate event and project results to inform future planning
- Develop policies and procedures that ensure the smooth and professional operation of Department of Medical Education special events initiatives
- Maintain event planning reference guide, ensuring best practice adherence and year-to-year continuity/consistency
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities
- Provide support for special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in required
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in planning, producing and managing events, preferably in higher education and/or academic medicine
- Ability to manage constituent relations internally and externally
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve, multi-task, and understand the big picture
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders – faculty, staff, benefactors and community partners
- Ability to problem-solve and negotiate complex decisions in response to emergent situations
- Excellent organizational and project management skills- preferably experience in advanced project management
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete work in required timelines
- Ability to create high quality, professional written documentation and correspondence
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.