Mount Sinai Careers
Physician Access Coordinator- MSH- Physican Access Services - FT- Evening Shift
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Physician Access Services REQ # 2377768
Job Title: Physician Access Services Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Physician Access Services Coordinator
facilitates the provision of hospital services of affiliated practices and
institutions and serves as a liaison between the referring physician, patient,
and Mount Sinai Health System departments. The Physician Access Coordinator
will be working at Mount Sinai’s state-of-the art center located at our
corporate office near Grand Central. This individual works with a dynamic group
of nurses and other coordinators to help patients gain access to healthcare
across the entire health system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the point of contact for physician referrals and obtains necessary patient information to initiate the referral into Mount Sinai Health System.
2. Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills while on the phone with patients, physicians, and other stakeholders.
3. Responsible for the complete and accurate registration of all patients in an expeditious and positive manner.
4. Promptly answers and screens inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures
5. Coordinates the referral to the appropriate Mount Sinai Health System provider, sets up necessary appointments and communicates with referral source, patient, and authorized family members.
6. Promptly follows up via email and/or call with referred to providers and specialty departments within the health system to confirm an appointment has been scheduled within timeframe parameters.
7. Advocates for patients, families, and referring physicians to promote overall satisfaction with accessing and utilizing Mount Sinai Health System.
8. Provides support for specific population needs as required by the program or department.
9. Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into referral tracking system.
10. Follows all policies, protocols and procedures to ensure referral requests are handled appropriately.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Manager or Director.The Patient Transfer Center Agent coordinates and facilitates the provision of hospital services of affiliated practices and institutions and serves as a liaison between he referring physician, patient, and Mount Sinai Health System departments.
HS diploma required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education,
training and experience required. 3
years of related experience required. Rotating work schedule including weekends
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.