Mount Sinai Careers
ACCESSIONING SPECIALIST - GENETICS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff on the nights, weekends and holidays.
- Troubleshoot all problem specimens (e.g no DOB, no requesting physician etc)
- Cancel tests, and enter comments. Alert physicians and clients of problems.
- Correct accessioning errors, clarify tests and add on tests as requested.
- Covers for client services on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Oversees the specimen tracking and distribution of specimens from the pneumatic tubing system. Distribute specimen to registrars.
- Collect and store extra specimens, monitor and discard problems specimens. Print and distribute special lab reports.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Education: High School/GED
- Experience: Three -Five years Laboratory experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory computer systems
- Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.