Mount Sinai Careers
IT Systems Administrator I - MS Test & Development
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MS Test & Development - Req #2379950
IT Systems Administrator I
The IT Systems Administrator I provides centralized systems administration, operational support and problem resolution with the administrative activities required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Participates in basic system administration and operational support (e.g., hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, system logs and problem reports, adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
2) Assists in monitoring of the system’s performance and capacity planning.
3) Troubleshoots and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in testing, operational support and troubleshooting of complex system hardware and software problems.
4) Develops, communicates, and monitors the operational standards and procedures for the system.
5) Acts as a technical resource to the IT staff and systems users.
6) Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 years experience in systems operations and administration, telecommunications network installation, operation and maintenance as appropriate to the area of concentration( Backup requires TSM and/or Comm Vault; Storage requires IBM and/or NetApp Storage operations; Wintel requires Windows systems, etc)
- Requires knowledge of the operating system environment, data telecommunication technology (e.g., network protocols and topologies),
- Good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.