Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MS Test & Development - Req #2379966
IT Systems Administrator
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Systems Administrator I provides centralized systems administration, operational support and problem resolution with the administrative activities required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Participates in basic system administration and operational support (e.g., hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, system logs and problem reports, adds, changes, deletes, disk space management, backups, and file restores).
2) Assists in monitoring of the system’s performance and capacity planning.
3) Troubleshoots and/or interacts with IT staff or vendors in testing, operational support and troubleshooting of complex system hardware and software problems.
4) Develops, communicates, and monitors the operational standards and procedures for the system.
5) Acts as a technical resource to the IT staff and systems users.
6) Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.Experience
- 3 years experience in systems operations and administration, telecommunications network installation, operation and maintenance as appropriate to the area of concentration( Backup requires TSM and/or Comm Vault; Storage requires IBM and/or NetApp Storage operations; Wintel requires Windows systems, etc)
- Requires knowledge of the operating system environment, data telecommunication technology (e.g., network protocols and topologies),
- Good communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.