Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- Security
REQ # 2380986
Job Title: Security Supervisor II
The Security Supervisor II assumes command of Security operations for assigned tour to protect and safeguard Medical Center staff, patients, visitors and property. Supervises and assigns work to Security Supervisor II’s, Coordinators and Security Officers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Assigns daily assignments and posts to Security personnel based on established priorities or needs of the department. Supervises subordinate personnel in the field and office during designated tour.
2. Adjusts assignments as needed in the event of emergency situations. Instructs Security personnel on tour in their duties and frequently tests their knowledge of their responsibilities.
3. Conducts periodic performance evaluations of subordinate personnel and makes recommendations for promotion. Schedules and approves vacations and requests for days off.
4. Ensures that a sufficient number of personnel are trained in assignments requiring specific skills. Apportions work load among members assigned to respective tours.
5. Oversees the distribution, use, serviceability and proper care of Security Department equipment including alarms.
6. Evaluates the effectiveness of assignments and the training needs of Security personnel. Reports any deficiencies to the Director of Security or Security Operations Manager.
7. Provides input as to policy development regarding day-to-day operations of Security Department. Implements existing policies and procedures and informs members of Security Department of current directives and orders.
8. Ensures that incident reports are made on all significant security related incidents occurring on the Medical Center complex or perimeter.
9. Inspects incident reports, theft reports and supervisors’ activity reports submitted by subordinate personnel for completeness and accuracy.
10. Prepares investigative reports of neglect of duty or improper performance by subordinates and initiates disciplinary action when warranted. Examines all departmental records for completeness and accuracy.
11. Makes frequent personal inspection of general appearance of Security personnel. Initiates requests for or reviews requests for uniform replacement made by Security personnel.
12. Cooperates with other departments and agencies in accomplishing objectives of Security Department. Ensures Mount Sinai departments are kept informed of all conditions which impact upon them.
13. Maintains working knowledge of Security Department’s Operations personnel in emergency situations. Responds and directs Security Operations personnel in serious situations.
14. Supervises distribution and security requirements of employee paychecks.
15. Conducts grievance hearings as required.
16. Maintains adequate staffing in accordance with established models ensuring equitable distribution of posts, overtime, and time off.
17. Supervises a proactive security operation on his tour as evidenced by rates of security reminders, positive contacts and security education/crime prevention.
18. Ensures a properly trained force by conducting routine quality assurance evaluations and by using opportunities for formal and informal training classes in subject areas that require reinforcement.
19. Improves morale and work place environment by rapid attention to uniform and equipment needs, adherence of individuals to appearance standards and constant monitoring of work sites and locker rooms for cleanliness and maintenance.
20. Improves communication on the tour by coordinating a semiannual program where field supervisors and coordinators meet in teams with all of the members of the tour to exchange ideas.
21. Provides input on operational issues, completion of timely and well considered evaluations on subordinates and by taking positive steps in the recognition and resolution of complaints and inequities.
22. Responds to and direct security personnel in serious situations maintaining liaison with non-security personnel and ensuring complete reporting and documentation.
High School graduate
6 months security-related training
3 years experience in security operations and some supervisory experience
Working knowledge of security operations, criminal justice and supervisory experience.
NYS Driver’s License
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership
Ability to identify threats to themselves and the property they are protecting
Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership of Security Officers
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.