Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Medical Services - Fleet and Training Manager
Emergency Medical Services – Fleet and Training Manager
Categories: Allied Health – Emergency Services
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Manager– Emergency Medical Services
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the operation and maintenance of the department’s fleet/motor vehicles as well as the development, implementation and delivery of training and safety systems that align with business objectives and strategies of the Mount Sinai Health Systems Emergency Medical Services Department.
- Oversees all regulatory agency compliance and reporting as it relates to emergency vehicle operations.
- In conjunction with the fleet mechanic, develops, implements, and maintains an accurate database of vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance services, required inspections, repair services, and vehicle/equipment breakdowns.
- Makes appointments and coordinates transportation of vehicles and equipment to repair vendors and biomed.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle Part-800 readiness of all fleet vehicles.
- Maintain an accurate database of vehicle Part-800 documentation.
- Maintain an accurate database of New York State Department of Motor Vehicles inspections for all fleet vehicles.
- Maintain an accurate database of New York State Department of Health Vehicle inspections.
- Responsible for oversight and proper maintenance of Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) and on-board radio vehicle installations.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle cleanliness.
- Develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships (vehicle dealerships, supply manufacturers, and uniform vendors). Insures vendors are paid timely in accordance with MSHS policy and procedures.
- Collaborating with other managers to determine supply needs.
- Oversees ordering, distribution of supplies to all sites.
- Control inventory levels, ensure availability and monitored distribution of vehicle equipment, pharmacy orders, staff uniforms, and supply room materials.
- Maintain an accurate database of uniforms and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Identify and assess training needs within the department.
- Meet with managers and supervisors to ascertain needs.
- Develop and implement teaching materials for the department’s new hire orientation sessions.
- Responsible for ensuring that personnel are compliant with completion of annual mandatory core competency training.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the department’s Emergency Vehicle Operations program.
- Develop, implement, and maintain field evaluation material used for assessment of personnel.
- In conjunction with the EMS Medical Director, develop and ensure compliance of annual ALS and BLS skills competencies.
- Develop, Train and maintain procedures for workplace violence prevention.
- Develop, Train and maintain procedures for new EMS equipment, patient handling (i.e., stretcher and stair chair operations, patient lifting and transferring).
- Responsible for notification of the FDNY imposed Severe Weather Contingency Plans (Phase A and Phase B and their securement).
- Responsible for developing and implementing a hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction awareness procedure.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- NYS – NYC Paramedic
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Google suite
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task and a self-starter.
- NYS Certified Instructor Coordinator preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.