Mount Sinai Careers
Plumber - Day Shift
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Engineering Support Services - Req#2383990
Job Title – Plumber
Installs and services plumbing and related fixtures throughout the Medical Center. Performs pipe-fitting duties; makes necessary tests to keep plumbing and piping systems in good condition. Performs other duties as required.
Roles & Responsibilities.
1. Lays out, assembles, alters, removes, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixture systems such as sanitary, acid-resistant, heating, drainage, oxygen, vacuum, compresses air, nitrous oxide, standpipe, sprinkler systems, boilers, high and low pressure steam, water supply and other systems, as well as equipment attached.
2. Performs pipe fitting duties; cuts holes in walls, floors and ceilings to gain access to piping; threads, welds, brazes or solders piping systems; properly supports, fastens and insulates piping systems; codes pipes. Installs pipe flanges, gaskets, and bolts into place. Makes up piping installations, including elbows, couplings, valves and other fittings.
3. Installs, changes and repairs traps, hand-operated, solenoid or motorized valves and controls. Cleans drain lines and sanitary lines; removes blockages. Installs or replaces lavatories, water closets, tubs, shower stalls, slop sinks, grease traps and other equipment.
4. Makes hydrostatic and other pressure tests and makes necessary repairs or replacements to keep all systems in efficient working condition. Opens clogged drains with plunger or hand and/or power driven plumber's snake; replaces washers in faucets. Traces and locates service lines as required; reads blueprints. Makes regular inspections of systems as assigned.
5. Performs related duties such as minor carpentry, plastering and painting in connection with plumbing work. Where plumbing work results in major damages to finishes, reports such damage to Foreman.
· High School Diploma- or GED
· *(FDNY) Certificate of fitness F-60
· 3-5 years of related experience with at least one year of hospital experience.
· Vocational school training with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing or related course preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.