Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Ambulatory Care
Job Title: Patient Navigator
- Carries out tasks to execute the medical and support service plans including guiding patients to appointments, and accompanying them when necessary.
- Ensures that medication adherence issues are addressed.
- Provides education and coaching for specific population needs as required by the program or department.
- Acts as the primary liaison with medical providers to ensure patient adherence. Caseload may be as many as 20 patient-clients.
- Delivers monthly or weekly health education encounters.
- Performs entitlements reassessment.
- Coordinates logistics for plan adherence such as appointment reminders, arranging transportation, making childcare arrangements.
- Documents all patient encounters and enters all data into web-based system, and may be responsible for performing grant-related data entry.
- Performs other tasks as required
- Bachelors degree preferred or High School Degree and relevant work experience
- 2 years minimum experience, 3-5 preferred