Mount Sinai Careers
CREATIVE ARTS THERAPY COORDINATOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Music Therapy Coordinator provides music therapy interventions to improve the quality of life for patients and their family members.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide comprehensive music therapy services for pediatric patients and family members that meet emotional, physical, cognitive, social/cultural and communicative needs.
2. Provide music therapy services for patients and families at the end of life and at hospital based memorial services in collaboration with the psychosocial team.
3. Document music therapy interventions in patient charts in a timely and thorough manner, including initial assessments and progress notes.
4. Communicate effectively with child life staff and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team on clinical care planning and issues revealed through music therapy sessions.
5. Present educational in-services about music therapy within the medical center.
6. Develop and maintain graduate music therapy internship program through collaboration with local universities and child life leadership.
7. Supervise volunteers and interns providing music based interventions. Actively participate in clinical group supervision.
8. Maintain accurate music therapy session statistics in quality assurance efforts.
9. Adhere to infection control and other safety standards in the maintenance and ordering of music therapy and in clinical practice.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree in related field.
Minimum Related Experience: 1-3 years of related experience.
Minimum Licensing Requirement: Music Therapy License within 12 months of employment.
Minimum Certification Requirement: Specifically for an Art Therapist - Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc.
- [BASED ON JOB DESCRIPTION, THE NECESSARY JOB REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES—DEGREES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.]