Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiac Surgery Step Down- Nights
Roles & Responsibilities: Provides acute/primary health care in accordance with written policies approved by nursing and medical administration. Responsible for patient care as outlined within collaborative practice agreement. Develops and implements a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performs a periodic review of the collaborative agreement.
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- RN / Registered Nurse License
- CNP / Certified Nurse Practitioner License (A Nurse Practitioner is certified under section 6910 of the New York State Education Law and licensed as a Registered Nurse.)
- Master's degree program designed to prepare a registered nurse to provide acute/primary health care services or the successful completion of an approved supplemental education program, i.e., post-Masters NP certificate.
- Is a graduate of New York State registered Nurse Practitioner Program or equivalent OR is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national association via examination.
- Has completed a pharmacy component of not less than the required semester hours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and federal Laws relating to prescriptions and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice.
- Professional certification by relevant professional organization preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.